Project Manager - Castlebar
EIA Coordinator/ Environmental Engineer
J.B. Barry and Partners Limited along with our sister company Barry Transportation are one of Ireland’s leading Consulting Engineers. We have over 180 highly qualified employees and are committed to delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. To achieve this, we need dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join the team in our offices.
We recognise that we are dependent on our staff to deliver to our clients excellent engineered solutions, consequently we offer outstanding career opportunities and remuneration. We are committed to encouraging and supporting the careers and professional development of all our staff, as ultimately this will result in an improved service for our clients.
Location: Dublin, Cork, Castlebar
Essential Qualifications & Requirements:
- Degree in science or Engineering with an environmental component.
- Familiar with relevant Irish and European planning and environmental legislation e.g. EIA Directive and transposing Regulations.
- Knowledge of the Habitats Directive, and the Appropriate Assessment (AA) process
- Detailed knowledge of Irish Environmental and Planning Legislation
- Excellent organisational and coordinating skills.
- Excellent report writing skills.
- Must have worked as part of a wider team with experience of managing deliverables to deadlines.
- Hard working, pragmatic and highly motivated individual - client focused with good interpersonal skills and team approach.
- Full clean driving licence.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically.
- Experience in coordinating planning applications and associated documentation.
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant scientific or engineering discipline which includes practical experience.
- Previous work experience within a professional consultancy
- Experience in compiling Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) reports on the likely impacts of proposed developments and recommending appropriate mitigation measures.
- Membership and/or chartership with a relevant professional body.
- Experience utilising GIS systems e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS, MapInfo and or others.
What we offer:
We offer a great place to work and competitive salaries. We support staff development so that you can continue to perform at your best and get the most out of your career.
We facilitate flexible core hours, the bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets and have a company health insurance group that offers discounts on premiums.
J. B. Barry and Partners are an equal opportunities employer and promote a positive work life balance.
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with EIA Coordinator/ Environmental Engineer in the subject line.
The company do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.