Project Manager - Castlebar
Senior Project Ecologist
J.B. Barry and Partners Limited along with our sister company Barry Transportation are one of Ireland’s leading Consulting Engineers. We have over 180 highly qualified employees and are committed to delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. To achieve this, we need dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join the team in our offices.
We recognise that we are dependent on our staff to deliver to our clients excellent engineered solutions, consequently we offer outstanding career opportunities and remuneration. We are committed to encouraging and supporting the careers and professional development of all our staff, as ultimately this will result in an improved service for our clients.
The Senior Project Ecologist will, amongst other things, be responsible for:
- Managing individual contracts to deliver high quality ecological consultancy services
- Providing expert ecological input for a range of projects
- Planning, conducting and supervising the execution of site ecological surveys and fieldwork
- Preparing and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plans
- Undertaking Appropriate Assessments and Ecological Impact Assessments (EcIAs), Biodiversity Chapters for Environmental Impact Assessment Reports (EIARs) and other environmental reporting requirements
- Writing of technical reports and other deliverables
- Managing quality including attention to detail and accuracy, delivery of contracts on time and to the highest possible standards, and continue to strive to improve the quality of work produced by the Environmental Team
- Providing expert witness at Oral Hearings
- Developing excellent relationships with clients and attending meetings with clients and design teams when necessary
Location: Dublin, Cork, Castlebar
Position: Full-Time 37.5 hours weekly, permanent, salary based, paid monthly
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Honours degree in ecology or related subject (QII Level 8 minimum, Level 9 preferred)
- Chartered status (CIEEM or equivalent)
- A degree / masters in civil engineering
- A minimum of eight years post graduate experience with at least 5 years in a consultancy environmental delivering environmental/planning services for large infrastructure projects
- Experienced in the oral hearing process and in the role of expert witness would be beneficial
- Detailed knowledge of Irish Environmental and Planning Legislation
- Excellent technical report writing skills
- Experienced in the preparation and monitoring of the implementation of Construction Environmental Management Plan
- Experienced in working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Excellent communication, organisational and project management skills
- A full clean driver’s licence
What we offer:
We offer a great place to work and competitive salaries. We support staff development so that you can continue to perform at your best and get the most out of your career.
We facilitate flexible core hours, the bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets and have a company health insurance group that offers discounts on premiums.
J. B. Barry and Partners are an equal opportunities employer and promote a positive work life balance.
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please send your CV to email@example.com with Senior Project Ecologist in the subject line.
The company do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.