J.B. Barry and Partners Limited along with our sister company Barry Transportation are one of Ireland’s leading Consulting Engineers. We have over 180 highly qualified employees and are committed to delivering cost effective and innovative solutions. To achieve this, we need dedicated, enthusiastic individuals to join our team.
This role is based in our Dublin office. The ideal candidate will be working with our well-established teams in both Water Services and Transportation sectors. Our company has been delivering excellence for 60 years, and we know that the right people are the key ingredient to great design and a satisfied client.
Location: Dublin office based
Position: Full-Time 37.5 hours weekly, permanent, salary based, paid monthly
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- a certificate (level 6 or higher in the National Framework of Qualifications), or equivalent professional qualification, in engineering; OR
- 3 years experience in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of drawing software tools – Autodesk and Autodesk Civil 3D
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Problem solving skills
- Full driving licence
- Capable of creating the following drawings
- Detailed Plans of sites with notes to the correct scales
- Creation of Longsections for pipes, roads
- Plans and Sections of Typical Details from site such as Pumping Station, Manholes, Embankments
- Profiles of sites from Surveys
- Xrefs – Mapping, Utilities, etc.
- Creation of drawing booklets for each stage of a project such as planning, detailed design, construction, as-built.
- Revit skills would be desirable.
- working knowledge of drainage and road design
- Good understanding of correct drawing presentation using standards.
What we offer:
We offer a great place to work and competitive salaries. We support staff development so that you can continue to perform at your best and get the most out of your career.
We facilitate flexible core hours (37.5hrs/week), the bike to work scheme, tax saver commuter tickets and have a company health insurance group that offers discounts on premiums.
J. B. Barry and Partners are an equal opportunities employer and promote a positive work life balance.
If you are interested in this position and have the required experience, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with CAD Technician in the subject line.
The company do not require the assistance of recruitment agencies at this time.