Land Liaison Officer – Ireland
Barry Transportation are looking for a Project Liaison Officer to join our team on the N3 Virginia Bypass in Cavan.
The N3 National Primary Route links Cavan, the Border regions and the Northwest, to Dublin. Virginia Town is situated on the N3 approximately 75km from Dublin and is the last remaining town on the N3 not to be bypassed.
The study area for the proposed N3 Virginia Bypass scheme commences near the end of the type 2 dual carriageway at Derver, Co. Meath and extends to the north side of Lisgrea thus comprising a mainline length of ≈16.5km (when measured along the existing N3)
As part of our Project team you will combine office and on-site working to support the delivery of the project through identification and consultation with interested parties, combining skills in information management and stakeholder engagement.
The successful candidate will exhibit experience in landowner engagement, site access negotiations and the land referencing process, understand the value of accurate data management and provide evidence of working under tight timeframes as part of a busy professional working environment, managing a team and working collaboratively with a client ensuring technical excellence.
The requirements for this position include:
- Based at Cavan County Council offices in Cavan Town;
- Duration a minimum of 1 year and subject to approval to proceed to next Phases of the project, a further 2 years.
- Level 7 qualifications in Engineering or other relevant discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in administration of road and bridge projects or in land acquisition, and specifically been responsible for landowner liaison on a major road scheme.
- Understanding of agricultural practices and land registration
- Good IT Skills with a strong knowledge of Microsoft packages including MS Word and Excel
- Have good communication and interpersonal skill
- Holds a full, Class B driving licence.